According to the Annie E. Casey Foundation, 4% of children—more than 2.6 million kids—are in kinship care. We know that, too often, relatives and like-kin caregivers are unaware of the support and resources available to help them look after the kids in their care. At the Coalition, we have a multitude of resources specifically for parents and caregivers like you. Please read on for information about the 2023 Relative Caregiver’s Conference and a host of additional resources. And remember: we’re here to help you every step of the way. Call us at 414-475-1246, 800-762-8063, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Coalition, in collaboration with the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, is excited to announce the fifth annual Families Like Mine Conference, which will be held on Saturday, June 3, 2023, at the Tundra Lodge Waterpark & Resort in Green Bay. We encourage you to save the date and watch your email for registration information about the conference, as well as additional training opportunities, events, and other helpful resources.
From the Lending Library
- Fostering Across Wisconsin Newsletter: Relatives Caring for Children
- Fostering Across Wisconsin Newsletter: The Many Emotions of Kinship Care
- Partners Newsletter: Kinship Care
- The Kinship Parenting Toolbox, by Kim Phagan-Hansel
- Virtual Resource Kit: Relative Caregiving
Training & Resources From Champion Classrooms
- Somebody to Lean On: Connecting With a Parent Group
- The Changing Role of Caregivers: Grandparents
- Locating Support Services
- Digital Media Safety: Tips for Caregivers
Additional Coalition Resource